No Pinning allowed on this site

No Pinning allowed on this site

Monday, May 24, 2010

Hello, Spring is here!

I just love the Spring here in Melbourne, FL! We are so happy we moved from Virginia to here! It is like we are on vacation here in our apartment. We have been house hunting, but taking our time. The 'one' just has not come along. We need a certain type of yard, house and area. I am sure when we see it, we will jump on it! We have a few that come close that we have seen!

We are taking care of ourselves and learning the lay of the land around us. We have seen more family than ever that is such a plus!
We visit our kids who live North and South of us. Our days are filled with wonderful times spent. We walk on the beach in the morning a few times a week and get all that freash ocean breeze. The pace here is slower so we don't feel like we are dragging behind, lol we are keeping up just fine.

Time off from this Blog and decorating has been refreshing. I had to erace the Virginia home from my head, and have been researching and looking forward to a new lifestyle and decor once I find the right house. I have purchased a few books and done some research on Island living. I do not like the very earthy tropical with lots of textured materials, tends to get musty over time. I wanted to develop something just for us whether it is trendy or not is of no concern this time around.

Thanks for checking in with me and I hope to get things going again with a new blog that will be referenced to this one to cover my next home. It is always a challenge and adventure to take the 'box' out of the house. So many one level houses that are cement block squares here. The nooks and crannies of an older well-established home already done are cost prohibitive for us, we must create it! What a challenge on a budget! Wish us luck!

10 comments:

Katie Olthoff said...

Hi Mary Ruth! It's KatieO from HGTV boards! So glad to see you back.

Martha said...

Thanks for visiting Linderhof -- I'll be back!

Mary Ruth said...

Hi Katie! Thanks! I have been trying to get back into the swing of things. I have reprioritized everything. Our move to Florida was just what we needed to do! Now for a NEW adventure! Glad to see you here, thanks for stopping by!

Mary Ruth said...

Martha,
Thanks for stopping by! See you on the boards and Blogging!

Chris said...

Hey there girl, great to see a post from you!

I for one am really excited to see your next home and watch you transform it!

Talk soon?

Mary Ruth said...

Hi Chris! It feels strange to be back on the Blog, I have lost a lot of blogging time, but gained a lot of living IRL! lol
Love living here and the beach is wonderful and peaceful! ttysoon!

Nouveau Stitch said...

MR so glad to see you're back! I look forward to reading more .... maybe you should blog about the house-hunting process and we can live vicariously? My son and DIL are look in the DC area and having a heck of a time. The housing crisis hasn't hit there at all and the prices keep escalating. I'm putting you in my Reader so I don't miss a thing!

Ellen

Mary Ruth said...

Hi Ellen!
I have had so many things to take care of health-wise that it has been hard to keep up with everything! I will consider posting some house hunting pictures!
DC is a different place... because of the politics there, and those that want to live there, I don't think it will ever be easy to find a house there!
I will check out your blog too, been on FB a lot playing games with family, friends.
See you on cyberspace! Thanks for dropping by and leaving a great note!

benchwarmer said...

hey mary ruth! i miss you but i'm glad your enjoying florida! house hunting can be hard but like you said, i'm sure we you see it you'll just know.

enjoy your summer in your new city! thinking of you often!
lori

Mary Ruth said...

Lori,
Thanks for stopping by! I am so glad to hear from you!
I changed the layout of the blog, not sure I like it...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails