No Pinning allowed on this site

No Pinning allowed on this site

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Craigslist mirror FIND!

This mirror was on Craigslist for $35! I called, met a nice lady (who has a nice Shabby Chic home) and got it home.I placed it in front of my mantel Acorn-shaped mirror already hung there.
I put it on the mantel since there was no other place to put it right now... and it looked so good I am leaving it there till time to pack it! Turned out to be Empire style...(my style!) It is smaller than the one I already had, but well made and in almost perfect condition! Not bad for $35! AND I met a nice gal who does Shabby Chic and collects some interesting things. We talked for a 1/2 hr while she gave me a tour of her creative home! I am introducing her to Blogging!
What you are seeing in these two mirrors is Duncan Phyfe and Empire mix, they play off each other since they are both in the same style and era. They both are made of mahogany and have a mahogany wood backing.

13 comments:

Darlene - Our Creative Life said...

Looks great! Adds even more dimension to the mantle area!

Anonymous said...

That mirror was meant to come home with you Mary Ruth!

Mary Ruth said...

Darlene,
Thanks, I put it up there, and it was like it was meant to be there! I love it! Thanks for stopping by!

Mary Ruth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary Ruth said...

Pat, Thahks for stopping by! Isn't it wonderful when something speaks to you! ha ha, makes it easy! Glad to see you here!

Glenda said...

That's a beautiful find. Love how you married it to the other mirror.

Ciao

Mary Ruth said...

Glenda,
Oh what a nice way to put it! I saw it as finding a piece to a puzzle and you put it up to the space and it fits! 'AH HA!' moments like that are what keeps me going 'treasure hunting'!
Thanks for stopping by!

Cindy said...

What a great deal! I love the layered look of the mirrors together!

If you get her into blogging send her my way...I'm shabby chic too.

Mary Ruth said...

Cindy,
Great to see you here, thanks! Some good things happen by just playing with our finds!

Have not heard from her. I guess she got timid about it.

Mom said...

Wow - beautiful!

Mary Ruth said...

Thanks "Mom" (interesting screen name!)
I am still enjoying these mirrors on my mantel.

Mom said...

It's me, Cattknap!LOL - I mostly post on my kid's blogs, thus the MOM.

Mary Ruth said...

HI Cattknap! Ohh Mom is just fine with me too! Was wondering who that was since my mom has passed and never learned how to use a computer anyway! ha ha

Glad to see you here, and don't forget how to post! We'll keep in touch!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails