No Pinning allowed on this site

No Pinning allowed on this site

Friday, February 27, 2009

Foyer new paint freshened

We repainted the front hall/foyer. It had been painted some time ago, so we refreshed it. I picked SW's Pacer White. It has a cooler tone than cream (no yellow) or tan (no orange), I think it goes better with sand. The ceiling is pure white. Thought I would show the molding details.



I had to search for the rest of the photos I wanted to add that show the rest of the foyer!

This photo shows the 'before' picture. The baseboards were smaller, we moved electrical, added columns and crown. There also was no french doors leading into the living room, was just an opening. We also changed out trim to a larger size. This was the only room with hardwood flooring, we added to this for the whole first floor.

4 comments:

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

(THUD)

me fainting

GORGEOUS foyer!!!

Susan

Mary Ruth said...

Susan,
That was cute! I hope you didn't hurt yourself!
I love that small room too, I wanted to pack as much punch in there as I could. The bottom pic (I just added) shows the living room french doors are to the right.

Anonymous said...

Those moldings are gorgeous! Don't tell me .... DH did those as well? Just beautiful! When does the sign go up?

Ellen

Mary Ruth said...

Ellen,
I just added the 'before' picture of this hallway. ha ha, we are hoping to have enough energy left to do something in our next house. We won't do as much. This house is a Colonial, and I went with that style. I wish we could hire out, would be fun...BUT... Thanks for the compliments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails