No Pinning allowed on this site

No Pinning allowed on this site

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Craigslist find!

My Craigslist find! Even though I am in an apartment (temporarily) until we can move and buy our next house, I still could not resist this mahogany table! I do already have an oak one that I got a couple of years ago, but will put that on Craigslist to sell and replace with this one. This new one will be refinished when we are settled and tung oil will take care of the finish. This table is larger and came with a leaf, so I can seat more people and will serve as a dining room table (the other Oak one was only used as a breakfast table because it was smaller). I can't wait to work on it and make it suit our home!

6 comments:

Barbara Jacksier said...

There's nothing like a great tag sale find to brighten the spirits!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary Ruth! I love your beautiful table you've found. Can't wait to see you put your touch to it!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

What a wonderful find. I love the pretty base on the new table, and the top is so thick and has such presence. Love it. Hugs, Marty

Mary Ruth said...

Thanks Barbara!
Shelia,
I do love that pedistal style.
marty,
I know, that pedistal does have such presence and it really introduces the Empire style in an elegant way. I plan on starting my new decorating plan with a few Empire pieces. It is not retro, nor heavily rooted in details like Victorian. Just right, clean lines and good material.

Chris said...

You are the Shopping Queen! It's a beauty and I know you're going to build a fabulous room around it.
Chris

Mary Ruth said...

Hi Chris!
I bought the oak one because I really wanted the mahogany one and everytime one came by me it was not the time to buy it. This time, it all worked out. I can't wait to have it all set up!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails