No Pinning allowed on this site

No Pinning allowed on this site

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

First sign of the holidays for me!

Another Craigslist find! I thought this was kind of large, 42" across from end to end (mirror part 18") , BUT, isn't Christmas large? So, I decided this would be my ($20) Christmas wreath! I can always sell it after Christmas if I do not want to pack it to move it (might not handle the move OK).

It was all gold and I got some rub'nbuff and rubbed it on all the high spots so that the gold is the shadow. Since the gold part was antiqued, and there is a 2" depth to the piece, this makes quite a lot of texture! It has a tag from High Point NC, (not wood, a light weight material) I love silver things for Xmas, now I have my first decoration up already! I am not doing a lot this year for decor since we are moving soon and are in a temporary place, so this is exciting for me to put up.

2 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

What a gorgeous mirror. Such a wonderful find. I think I would definitely use it year round, I can't imagine packing it away. It is really pretty. Hugs, Marty

Mary Ruth said...

Marty,
Thanks for stopping by! I could leave it up, that will determine if I can store it with Christmas stuff! ha ha I love it, very festive, is lifting my spirits!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails