- Survived losing my business, and DH losing his construction job due to the economy. Not to mention the money lost due to the recession. Lost some loved ones, and moved away from our friends. We spent 11 years in Virginia, so it was a bit sad to leave, but we had wanted to get back to Florida for quite a while and circumstances finally led to us being able to pull it off!
- We listed our house in Yorktown, Virginia, and sold it. So much work to keep up with the clutter and cleaning for showings that most of the time had an hour notice!
- Decluttered the house and the garage, storage unit time!
- Spruced up the house, repainted in some cases and worked on landscaping which needed much attention after the two years we had with challenges and surgeries for both of us.
- Moved to a temporary apartment for 4 months while waiting for DH to get a transfer for us to more (WITH a job, in this economy, there was no room for gambling)
- Moved to Florida (where we wanted to be). And transferred to another temporary apartment. And we did all this with DH and I both NOT being able to lift anyting heavy! What a trial!
- House hunting in Florida is something we are doing cautiously, what's the rush?
We are STILL here! And that is what matters! We are settling down again, and moved closer to family. We were not broken, just shaken a bit with all we did. Now, we plan on enriching our lives with the people we love this year and many years ahead! Our goal is to put our nose to the grindstone less and slow down to enjoy the blessings we have in our lives. We are close to retirement, and are starting to plan ahead for our lifestyle and simpler way to live, less hectic and more healthy we are trying to incorporate that philosophy into our next home. Sounds like a New Years resolution to me!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!